Facebook Tracking Pixel



We are here to help. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please reach out to us.

How can the Abused Adult Resource Center help me?

We provide several different types of services, which include:

  • Domestic Violence Crisis Intervention: Programs to break the cycle of violence, including a 24-hour crisis hotline, advocacy, emotional support and referrals.
  • Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention: 24-hour crisis intervention and advocacy, emergency shelter, support group, individual counseling, information and referral, and educational presentations.
  • Family Safety Center: A safe, neutral place where parents can visit children in foster care because of abuse and neglect, and where custodial parents can transfer temporary custody of their children to noncustodial parents for visitation.
  • Pam’s House: A “safe house” for women and children affected by domestic violence, combining temporary shelter with counseling and assistance for rebuilding lives.
  • Criminal Justice Program: Prepares certified domestic violence advocates who assist victims through the legal process of obtaining a court order for protection.
Who do you serve?

We provide services to any adult, adolescent, and child victim of recent and prior acts of abuse. We are committed to providing services in a non-discriminatory environment. Clients served include survivors of domestic violence, survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse, stalking, human trafficking, elder abuse, and emotional abuse in South Central North Dakota.

Are your services confidential?

We value your privacy and confidentiality. Therefore, distribution of your information will be restricted to parties that you authorize to receive them, as indicated by a signed “Release of Information.” We will strive to keep confidential any information and materials collected and produced by AARC during the course of providing services to you. There are times, however, under state and federal law that information will be shared, as follows:

  • If we believe that information is necessary for your or another’s safety or the safety of our employees or volunteers.
  • If a court orders us to disclose information.
  • If we know or have reason to believe a child has been abused or neglected.

If you have any questions about our confidentiality policy, please give us a call at 701-222-8370.

How do I access services?

The best and most direct way to access services is by phone. You can call our crisis line any time—24 hours a day/7 days a week—at 866-341-7009.

In addition, you can call our main office at 701-222-8370 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call to schedule an appointment during office hours or drop in at our office at 218 W Broadway in Bismarck. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. There may be a wait time as a walk in, but an advocate will meet with you as quickly as possible.

Where do I donate items?

The Abused Adult Resource Center owns and operates Seeds of Hope, which is a retail gift and thrift store at 520 E. Main Avenue in Bismarck, North Dakota. The store features new and used items, such as household items and clothing. In addition to raising money to pay for existing programs, the store serves as an employment and job training site for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The women selected for the program are provided the opportunity to develop their personal and professional lives.

 On occasion we do accept unused items at our main office. Check out our wish list to find our greatest needs.

How does my donation help?

Funding to support the Abused Adult Resource Center is a patchwork of many sources:

  • Foundation grants
  • State and federal programs
  • Profits from Seeds of Hope gift store
  • Corporate and individual gifts

We provide all our services to survivors free of charge. Personal gifts are essential to meeting the needs! None of our funding is secure, so we depend on community support to continue as a vital service in our community.

If you are in danger, please use a safer computer (such as a library computer) or call 911. If you need to exit this website quickly, click this banner to go to Google.com. Keep in mind this does not erase Internet history.EXIT SITE
+ +